So you want to work for the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce?
WHAT IS THE ALBANY AREA CHAMBER?
The heart of Albany’s business community since 1904, the Albany Area Chamber is the largest, strongest and most active business advocacy organization in the area. The Chamber brings business leaders together to accomplish collectively, what no one business could do alone. Professionally managed, goal-oriented and highly visible, the Chamber is dedicated to taking a pro-active community leadership role. Members have an array of opportunities to be involved in. By attending various events, seminars, special programs or becoming a part of a committee and task force Chamber members provide a united effort to improve the overall well-being of the community.
WORKING FOR THE CHAMBER
At the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce, we don’t make products. We make things happen, at a local, state and national level. We are able to accomplish these feats because we have an engaged team that sees the results of the work they do reflect in the community every day.
Each team member, by performing their job to the very best of their ability, plays an important role in helping the Chamber accomplish its mission of increasing the wealth and well-being of everyone in our region.
Benefits Summary for Full-time, Regular Employees
- Group Health Insurance includes medical, dental, vision and disability
- Simple IRA plan, with Employer, match up to 3%
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Professional Development and Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Investment (reimbursement for up to $600/year of gym membership)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Drug-Free Workplace environment
- Responsible for AACC membership sales and member retention.
- Develop leads independently and as provided by staff, members, online, walk-ins and phone inquiries.
- Provide correspondence and new member packets on a timely basis.
- Follow-up on outstanding membership dues receivables and report on membership to the President and Board of Directors each month.
- Develop membership sales and retention programs, make personal visits and cold calls for the purpose of recruiting new members and retaining current members.
- Communicate regularly with new members to encourage engagement and participation.
- Attend and help with Chamber sponsored events.
- Make follow-up calls on member investments.
- Maintain and submit such records or forms as may be required for proper documentation of membership sales activity.
- Attend and assist with Chamber programs/events/meetings as needed or directed.
- Update Chamber website and assist with office internet/computer/software issues.
- Assist other staff and President as needed.
- Operate all office equipment, computers, and software.
Candidates need to provide a cover letter and resume no later than May 12th to: Janet Steele [email protected] / or mail to Janet Steele President, Albany Area Chamber, 435 1st Ave W, Albany 97321