WHAT IS THE ALBANY AREA CHAMBER?
The heart of Albany’s business community since 1904, the Albany Area Chamber is the largest, strongest and most active business advocacy organization in the area. The Chamber brings business leaders together to accomplish collectively, what no one business could do alone. Professionally managed, goal-oriented and highly visible, the Chamber is dedicated to taking a pro-active community leadership role. Members have an array of opportunities to be involved in. By attending various events, seminars, special programs or becoming a part of a committee and task force Chamber members provide a united effort to improve the overall well-being of the community.
WORKING FOR THE CHAMBER
At the Albany Area Chamber of Commerce, we don’t make products. We make things happen, at a local, state and national level. We are able to accomplish these feats because we have an engaged team that sees the results of the work they do reflect in the community every day.
Each team member, by performing their job to the very best of their ability, plays an important role in helping the Chamber accomplish its mission of increasing the wealth and well-being of everyone in our region.
2018 Benefits Summary for Full-time, Regular Employees
- Group Health Insurance includes medical, dental, vision and disability
- 401k plan, with Employer, match up to 3%
- Paid Time Off
- 9 Paid Holidays
- Professional Development and Training
- Employee Assistance Program
- Wellness Investment (reimbursement for up to $600/year of gym membership)
- Mileage reimbursement
- Drug-Free Workplace environment
Job Title: Workforce Development Specialist
Reports to: Chamber President
Schedule: Full Time, 11-month schedule
Salary: $37,000 – $46,000 depending on experience, full benefits, retirement
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Supports the Pipeline program in Linn and Benton Counties. Helps plan and organize Pipeline events for schools, businesses, and organizations. Cultivates and maintains relationships with businesses, schools, non-profit and community organizations to create meaningful relationships that benefit students. Helps direct communications with schools, businesses and organizations involving Pipeline activities.
- Associates degree or equivalent skills and experience
- Minimum five year’s work experience
- Knowledge of businesses, industries, and educational landscape
- Experience in designing, implementing and managing programs and events
- Experience managing and working with volunteers
- Understanding of workforce development and the connection between K-14 and CTE programs
- Excellent communication and writing skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office, social media for business, and editing web content
- Occasional travel and events outside normal workday require.
- Must have a valid driver’s license, car, and car insurance
- Will perform other duties and projects as assigned by the President
Abilities, Skills and Knowledge:
- Must be able to exercise independent judgment and make decisions necessary to achieve success in an assigned area
- Strong organizational and planning skills
- Ability to complete projects with limited supervision and direction
- Ability to function as a member of a high-performance team
- Ability to develop and maintain good working relationships with staff, volunteers, business partners, school employees and the general public
- Self-motivated, high-energy personality
- Extensive Computer, Audio/Visual, and Social Networking experience
- Self-motivated, high-energy personality
- Must be a self-starter, detail oriented and reliable business professional
- Demonstrated proficiency in Microsoft Office applications and database technologies
Physical Demands of the Position:
- Repetitive motions sitting at a computer keyboard
- Rising and sitting repeatedly
- Climbing stairs
- Walking indoors and outdoors
- Ability to lift 40 pounds
- Ability to lift, pull, grasp, stoop and reach within an office environment
- Ability to sit for extended periods of time
Attitude and demeanor of all Albany Area Chamber of Commerce employees:
As part of the work environment, all employees of the Albany Area Chamber will.
- Publicly support the mission of Albany Area Chamber of Commerce.
- Communicate effectively with sensitivity and understanding as you deal with administrative colleagues, volunteers, teachers, students, parents, and business partners.
- Work as a team member in a professional environment.
- Possess a “service attitude” (willingness to be flexible to meet the demands of the organization).
- Have a professional physical appearance (appropriate attire, personal hygiene, etc.).
Please send cover letter, resume and references to:
Janet Steele / President
Albany Area Chamber of Commerce
435 1st Ave. W, Albany OR 97321.
Deadline: Friday, September 21st, 2018